The UN Environment Programme (UNEP), in collaboration with UN Development Programme (UNDP), other UN agencies and development partners, are organizing a series of 90-minute webinars from October to December 2021 under the following themes:
- Eliminating Poverty and Enhancing Environmental Sustainability through Poverty-Environment Action’s Integrated Approach
- Green financing in private investment
- Moving to accelerate investments in the blue economy
- Financial Crises, Poverty and Environmental Sustainability in the Context of SDGs and COVID
- Greening budget and greening public finance management: Supporting national partners in prioritizing environment and climate change objectives (with the EU)
- HELPDESK: mainstreaming poverty-environment linkages
These webinars are planned to attract diverse international audiences of 300 participants, each, drawn from UN agencies, private sector, member states and stakeholders specialized in the public-private finance and related fields.
Non specialists are expected to participate, especially from communities and organizations that supported implementation of the UNDP-UNEP Poverty- Environment Action for Sustainable Development Goals project.
The webinars will provide platforms for sharing lessons learned and responses during the implementation of the project, which commenced in August 2018 and ends in December 2022.
The Poverty-Environment Action for Sustainable Development goals series of webinars was organized with the support of UNDP-UNEP Poverty- Environment Action for Sustainable Development Goals through the financial support of the Governments of Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden and the European Union.
Its contents are the sole responsibility of UNDP-UNEP Poverty-Environment Action for Sustainable Development Goals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Governments of Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden or the European Union.